Technical Business Analyst
Location/City: NY - Rochester
Technical Business Analyst - Direct Hire - Rochester, NY
- Consult with business users and subject matter experts to gather and document requirements to satisfy needs for the project.
- Create and write both technical designs and specifications with consultation from our software architect.
- Lead technical project team by developing tasks for each phase of the project (development, testing, UAT, deployment) and overseeing the execution of these tasks.
- Identify and raise project issues and risks and provide alternative solutions to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Work with Quality Assurance to make sure end-to-end test plan is complete to ensure the highest quality code has been developed.
- Participate in issue triage in both pre and post production environments to assist the project team in quickly isolating and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the successful technical implementation of the solution (always striving for on-time and on-budget).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has 3+ years in an analytical role with a strong technical background through experience with technical design or application development.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Is driven to advancement both intellectually and professionally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible
- Proficiency with SQL
- Capability to self-motivate and self-manage
- Experience with the following is a plus, but not required:
- Languages: C#/.NET, Unix Shell
- Databases: SQL Server, Informix, Oracle
- Methodologies: Agile