Technical Business Analyst (Excel and SQL)
Location/City: NY - Buffalo
Technical Business Analyst (Excel and SQL) - Contract to Hire - Buffalo, NY
Our client is looking for a sharp Business Analyst with strong Excel and SQL skills, and the ability to manipulate data within Excel, grouping, importing flat files, creating and working with pivot tables, enhancing, enriching, and exporting in pipe or csv files, etc. Someone with a CS or MIS degree would be nice, as is any exposure to SAP.
- Solid experience in business analyses in the business application system area
- Solid understanding of SDLC process, typical business processes, concepts and common technologies (SQL, database use)
- Experienced in using MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Visio to produce quality documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in office environment
- Strong documentation and Visio skills
- Work with business owners and SMEs to discuss, understand and document business requirements from as-is to to-be stages
- Translate business requirements into requirement specifications with details
- 2-5 years business analyses experience involving current technologies preferred
Candidates local to Buffalo, NY are preferred.