Senior AIX / UNIX Engineer
Location/City: NY - Buffalo
Senior AIX / UNIX Engineer - 6 Month Contract - Buffalo, NY
Our client has a major enterprise UNIX cluster employed and is in need of an experienced Systems Engineer responsible for running the environment supporting multiple mission critical systems.
- Responsible for the administration and support of the UNIX server environment as well Installation, deployment, patch management, security configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Day to day system problem resolution, hardware fix activities, and working with vendors to resolve issues.
- Support and Maintain virtualization environment according to vendor and industry best practices for AIX, and IBM PureSystems.
- Collect and compile data for reporting on capacity and compliance thresholds.
- Ensure that systems are configured according to established department standards.
- Ensure that systems are reliable for performance, availability and security.
- Preferred experience includes clustering and high availability systems management.
- Large enterprise experience is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills are required to deal with management and other development team leads.
- Advanced UNIX scripting and file management skills are very helpful.