Location/City: NY - Buffalo
Server Engineer (Linux) - Contract to Hire - Buffalo, NY (North Towns)
Work on a top notch dedicated team to deliver superior data center support. Work in a state of the art Google style environment.
- Install and configure servers, storage systems and network gear.
- Triaging and driving user and revenue impacting incidents to resolution, using critical knowledge of Apache, Unix processes, MySQL, and related technologies within the OSI stack.
- Communicate and build a network of peers on other team to ensure cohesion to effectively run lean and mean.
- Ability to think outside the box - to innovate and automate processes for gained effectiveness.
- 5 or more years of linux server experience.
- Degree strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of server operating systems - Unix/Linux operating environments with the ability to navigate, manipulate and understand the file structure.
- Good knowledge of command line diagnostic tools and commands.
- Network and infrastructure skills Cisco IOS - networking fundamentals and troubleshooting.
- Ability to rapidly learn and assimilate knowledge of complex software and systems, and apply understanding of system architecture when planning operational tasks and strategy.
- Demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages: Ruby, Perl, Python, or Chef.