Helpdesk Level II
Location/City: NY - Buffalo
Helpdesk Level II - Direct Hire - Buffalo, NY
If you're an IT professional with great customer service skills and looking for the next step in your career, this could be the position for you!
Our client is looking for someone who can provide technical support services such as setting up accounts, troubleshooting network errors, enhancing system security, etc. This position will provide support for IT solutions software and hardware service request/incident processing for internal customers.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Oversee the daily performance of all systems.
- Set up equipment performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or system administrators for service.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Provide support for network security functions and document remediation actions.
- 1 2 years of experience in IT or technical support.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and Microsoft products.
- Technical knowledge of server, desktop and laptop computer hardware and accessories.
- Working knowledge of security software options and functionality preferred.