Director of Facilities and Grounds
Location/City: NY - Buffalo
Director of Facilities and Grounds - Direct Hire - Buffalo, NY
Our well-respected client is looking for a director to oversee a team responsible for the maintenance, cleaning and upkeep of nearly 20 buildings on multiple complexes around Western NY. We are looking for a strategic thinker, someone who is capable of creating a long term vision and allowing for proper planning and budgeting for large initiatives. This person directs a team of around 40 through several supervisors. Strong relationship building skills are needed in order to act as the liaison with necessary State and Local organizations.
- Prepares and monitors maintenance and facility operating and capital budgets and justifications for resource allocation.
- Develops schedules and manages a preventive maintenance program designed to maintain buildings, grounds and equipment in safe operating condition.
- Identifies and reports mechanical and structural deficiencies and the need for repair or replacement to superior.
- Investigates and reports on damage to buildings with recommendations for repair and prevention.
- Prepares preliminary plans, specifications and cost estimates for repair and alteration projects.
- Master's degree in an applicable discipline.
- Four (4) years of supervisory or administrative experience in maintenance or construction in large scale building or multiple site locations.
- Strategic thinker, experience with and ability to produce detailed long range plans.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to interact with executive leadership as well as custodial and maintenance staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.