Application Support Specialist
Location/City: NY - Buffalo
Application Support Specialist - Direct Hire - Buffalo, NY
Do you have an analytical mind and a passion for IT? If so, you will want to hear about this position with our client in the northtowns.
This position will perform various support and helpdesk tasks in the IT department as well as assess software quality through manual and automated testing. This is an opportunity to work with with the helpdesk, developers, and the business unit to test applications This position works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Perform operational tasks on a daily / weekly / monthly schedule.
- Respond to help desk inquiries via phone and e-mail.
- Help troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborate with Senior Programmer / Analyst to develop effective strategies.
- Work with other team members to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Review and evaluate program code ac cording to specifications.
- Collaborate with business units and developers to write test plans.
- Perform user acceptance and post-implementation testing.
- Analyze and document test results.
- Assist with program development when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- Proven experience as a QA tester or similar role.
- Experience in project management and QA methodology.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL preferred, not required.
- Familiarity with Property / Casualty Insurance preferred, not required.